Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Vendor Review: Mister S Leather

Sure, everyone and their brother has blogged about Mr. S Leather at this point. It’s the grand-daddy of mail-order and online leather purchasing. They’ve been around for decades, and there’s a reason: They stand behind their products.

I purchased a leather muzzle from Mr. S Leathers back around 2001. It’s the standard padded muzzle that was available at the time. Excellent quality, soft leather. Feels great cinched up tight against my lips. The style hasn’t changed all that much in the past ten years. I had the locking buckles on it, because leather is always better when it locks on. About a year ago, my muzzle had an “incident”, a little aggressive play and one of the locking buckles snapped. Actually, it was the locking part itself that broke. I figured it was a lost cause.

Mr. S had a booth at MAL in January 2011, and since I had the muzzle with me, I thought I’d take it to them to see if they could do anything for me. I didn’t realize at the time that they travel to events with a leather working bench. Skeeter, Mr. S’ wonder worker of leather was there. She repaired it on the spot, no charge.

Ten years later, Mr. S still stands behind their products. That, my friends, is true service. Yes, Mr. S’ gear may be more expensive in some cases than other stores. But the quality is amazing, and they stand behind their products. I say that it’s worth the extra price.

No comments:

Post a Comment